Friday, February 24, 2006

March Madness (please don't sue me NCAA)

It's about that time of year again. Those of you down with college hoops know what I'm talking about. March Madness is about to begin. This year I am gonna jump on the Gonzaga bandwagon. Adam Morrison is killing the competition averaging 29.3 points and one terrible moustache per game.
In years past I have rooted for whichever team(s) I draw in my office pool. I haven't really paid much attention to a single team since the university of Nevada Las Vegas broke my heart in the 90-91 season when they lost to Duke. Effin Dookies. I remember getting slightly excited by the Fab Five at U of Michigan, but these last couple years I haven't really gotten too interested in basketball (college or pro).
But I do like gambling, especially on sports. I'm not talking anything too serious like Rick Tocchet, just a couple of pools and maybe a bet or two on the Super Bowl. And maybe an occasional wager on the UFC. But that's it. I'm no Burckhardt. I do tend to get a little crazy during March Madness though. Usually filling out anywhere between three to seven brackets and at least getting into one pool where you draw teams. The bad thing about drawing teams is it's all luck. And it seems like every year I am rooting for University of Louisville (seriously, I've had them the last four years) to upset some team from my beloved Pacific Northwest.
This year let's try something different. Bragging rights only here. Anybody who wants in on the First Annual NOSE March Madness basketball pool, leave a comment with your e-mail address and I will e-mail you for your picks. Winner is going to be receiving something AWESOME that is yet to be determined (just trust me on this). I realize we are a little early here but better to be safe than sorry. Anybody is allowed to enter, one entry per person. Who's up for this?

4 comments:

Gus said...

obviously, I'm in. Which reminds me, I need to get the office pool going again so someone who doesn't watch sports can win my money again.

Emily:) said...

I'm in too. I love March Madness.

n8 b said...

i knew you'd be in emily....
anybody else you know that might want to get in?

Emily:) said...

Hmmmm, let me think about it but probably not. We're all dorky grad students with no time on our hands for bball:) But if I find anyone else I'll let you know.