Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Fun with Computers

What is your biggest complaint about computers? What is your biggest praise for computers?

For me (and I am sure Smooty can eleborate, as he is in I.T.) the biggest complaint has to be people that do not, or will not, read error messages, help menus, or instructions. How many problems that some schmuck asking for your help has had are solved when you force them to read the instructions on screen and follow them.

HEY ASSHOLE, IF THE MESSAGE SAYS THAT THE SCREEN CAN NOT BE OPENED BECAUSE YOU HAVE POP-UPS DISABLED, MAYBE YOU SHOULD FOLLOW THE PROMPTS AND DISABLE POP-UPS FOR THAT SITE INSTEAD OF GETTING FRUSTRATED AND CALLING I.T!!! Am I right Smoot or what?

Also, I would prefer that people who spam and hack computers (so that my fucking computer at home takes 5 minutes to load because of all the spyware and background programs in the world before I can access a program) could be put in prison with the rapists so they can feel pain on the same level as the pain that this causes me.

On the plus side, I am a big fan of time-wasting sites on the internet and wish that it was my job to look at them or design them, kind of like a web-nanny from that movie 40 Days with Josh Hartnett. Nothing beats reading wastes of space like this blog and then creating your own.

No comments: