Friday, April 07, 2006

Work Sucks, March Madness, Cleveland, Wiffle-Ball, iPods, Myspace

So this week has been one of the busiest weeks evah for me here at work. Monday and Tuesday I had meetings in Portland and didn't get back to town either day til about 6 or so. And the rest of the week here at my office has been so busy that for the ten hours I am here, I have actually been doing work. What's up with that?

Congrats go to Shaun Campbell who held on to win the first annual NOSE/RRR March Madness Pick 'Em. Your t-shirt will be to you soon buddy. I just need to find a place to get one printed because the one I found on-line had a minimum order of six t-shirts. And I figured having six people with "champion" shirts out of a ten person pool was kinda brokeback. The real reason is I didn't want Emily to get a shirt (don't tell her that though).

So I am gonna be heading to the land of the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame here in May. I was selected out of the salesmen of my branch to go on a training trip to the Ridgid Tool headquarters and I am so happy about it that I just pissed in my pants a little bit. So they fly me out to Cleveland, put me up in a hotel a couple of days, and teach me about Ridgid tools. They also take us the the R'nR HoF and a Cleveland Indians game. It should be pretty cool.

Matt Jones of Jackmove fame and I are getting ready to get our inaugural season of Wiffle-Ball under way. If you live in SW Washington and would be interested in playing leave me a comment with you e-mail addy and I will definitely get a hold of you. It should be a lot of fun drinking beers, hanging out, and striking Matt Jones out numerous times. We had one tourney last year and it was a blast.

So I am approaching the 5,000 song mark on my iPod. I probably haven't even listed to about a quarter of the songs I have on there but it's still nice to have 'em. Currently I have been rocking out to some Bad Religion. If you have any suggestions of tunes I may like, leave me a comment and I will check them out.

Last night I logged onto my myspace.com account and noticed that I just passed the 100 friend mark. I feel so fuckin popular that I went and roughed up the suspect right there. I'd like to give a shout-out to Red Red Rine, who was my 100th friend. Thanks for the ego boost.

1 comment:

Gus said...

wow, what a post. I want in on whiffle ball. You need color me badd for your Ipod. And I like that you used "Rough up the Suspect" and the phrase "brokeback" in the same post. Awesome.

I personally like "Shaking Hands with the Unemployed" and "Peter" in place of those words if you use the phrases again and are looking for some variety...