Friday, December 08, 2006

Christmas Light Snob (2006) version 2.0

I pass this beauty every night on the way home. While at first glance, it may not seem as bad as Stacy's entry, you need to know that those are twinkle lights, and that you can only see half of them. And I provided a close up to really show you whats in the window and on the porch...

That is an OUTDOOR Noel light up display put in the front window instead of the yard or on the roof. And that is a light up snowman guarding the lit up front door at the end of the lit up path and garden. And again, you can't see how obnoxious the flashing roof lights are, but imagine at least 1000 more lights along every crease in the roof and covering every leaf on the bushes...

Keep in mind this is actually my 2nd place entry. My first place entry is still to come, and will give Stacy's a run for its money. Like Dicko said, it's nice when people decorate, and this one definitely isn't a winner in the tacky department, but it helps put my snobbery into a frame of reference. Not only do I detest tacky, I also give the finger to unsymetrical, too many colors, colored lights mixed with white lights, and snowmen that are not made out of snow.

I hope when they saw my flash go off 3 or 4 times last night, they heard me laughing and didn't think I was taking pictures because of how beautiful their decorations are...

2 comments:

Gus said...

Passed this place again the last two days, and I forgot to mention that the lights go all the way around the house and roof and fence. And they are on the trees and bushes on the sides of the house. And there is a giant inflatable penquin by the garage.

awesome.

Gus said...

Rachel has more fun coming for us, a house on 30th with more non-working icicle lights than working ones.