Wednesday, August 10, 2005

another wedding weekend...

...and another golf tournament I can't play in. I have been on my game this year, and I keep missing tournaments, including 3 tournaments that I wanted to defend my title from the year before. It sucks to win, and then not be able to play the next year. And I am playing better than last year, so I'm missing out on all the wonderful prizes and beautiful people that come along with possessing such awesome powers.

Okay, so one tournament was a scramble, and my buddy Josh pretty much carried the team. And one was a family reunion with only like 12 golfers. But the other one was a 2-day moose lodge tournament, and I shot my best round (78) ever the first day and followed it with an okay round (85) the second day to win it. I just shot a 77 this year, and I am sure that I could have spanked all those old drunk guys a second year in a row.

But Katie's wedding will be hella-fun (the new title for this weekend) and its in Shelton, which means we can hopefully crash Amy's high school reunion party, or at least the after party. I better start practicing my drinking now...

And I finished Harry Potter. The book is so good that I really felt the need to punch one of the imaginary characters in the mouth. If anyone would have spoken bad about Harry Potter right after I finished the book (2:00 AM), it would have been on like donkey kong beeatttchhhh! If that's not good writing, then I don't know what is.

No comments: