Monday, January 16, 2006

Last Man Standing......

Here at work we have a little tradition that happens every year when football season starts. It's called last man standing for reasons I will soon explain. To play you sign up, pay twenty bucks and pick your can't miss football team for the week. If your team wins you are on to the next week. If you team loses your done, unless it's the first three weeks of the season then you can pay another twenty dollars and sign back up. Last year we had about twenty-five people in the whole deal and I ended up winning it all (somewhere around $400) about week twelve. Well this year there are way more people who signed up for it. I'm not sure what the final count was for people playing but there is a cool fifteen-hundred in the pot for whoever wins. And apparently people are picking a little better this year. Starting this weekend there were nine people left in the whole deal. Out of those nine, four work at my branch (it's a big company). So Gym Hewey, Matt Jones from Jackmove, "Cheese" Maltsberger and I decided we would pool our efforts and split the winnings. Gym and I took our mighty Seahawks and Jonesy and Cheese decided to go with the Indianapolis Colts who should have killed the Pittsburgh Steelers but Troy Palamalu had other ideas. So I get to work this morning and Cheese tells me that everybody left had either the Seahawks or the Colts. Gym and I have a little strategy up our sleeves so I am counting on coming out of this thing victorious and splittin the loot with other three. Can we say X-Box 360? And you thought I was gonna have some funny story about squirrels getting piss-faced drunk, drinking brews, but instead got some gambling story. Funny. Seacrest out!

2 comments:

Gus said...

I hope you win enough to get a 360. You won't believe how bad you will be itching to play games to get those meaningless little achievements. We need to play together. I mean on the 360. not like that...perverts.

n8 b said...

why must you get my hopes up only to dash them.....bastard