Monday, February 20, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me (some things I hate)

Thanks to all for the many birthday wishes (both of them). And let me just tell you it was a rough weekend. It all started out Thursday (my b-day) when I got off work. I went home and drank a couple of Heinekens while I waited for Jeannine to come get me for dinner. We went to an Italian Steakhouse in town, Don Renato's. Verdict: Delicious. After dinner we decided to go home and have a quiet evening due to the exciting weekend we had planned.
On Friday I decided to take the day off. So I started drinking at about three in the afternoon. Grey Goose Vodka and Jones green apple soda together are delicious. Delicious and deadly. So I drank until about 6 when Jeannine and I went to meet the family for Chinese food. After a ton of General Tso's, Honey-Walnut Prawns, and various other entrees (and a couple of Tsing-tao's) we left the Golden Palace. We stopped briefly at my apartment to drop off my birthday loot. Next stop: BoPhal (bo paul) and Suriya's for a birthday/costume/housewarming party.
We arrived a little before everybody else finding Gus and Willie dressed up and drinking. Gus looked just like Marty McFly from the Back to the Future series. Willie was doing his best Burt Reynolds. BoPhal showed up shortly after and threw on his 1984 Michael Jackson Thriller ensemble. And decided to top it off with a mullet wig?
What the fuck? One thing I hate about costume parties is the people who show up not dressed up. And this party had many of them. I on the other hand was Cowlitz County Corrections February Inmate of the Month.
As soon as Jeannine and I showed up, the Grey Goose/Jones soda combo was in our cups. Add to that mix a vodka-Red Bull, a shot of Captain Morgan's, some beer and who knows what else and you have a very sick Nate. One other thing I hate is puking. And I did a bunch of it Friday night. And it was disgusting.
Here is Willie dressed up like Burt Reynolds. He found a great wig, leather jacket and Aviator shades at the Goodwill. It just wasn't complete so I drew a moustache on him with Jeannine eyeliner pencil. Voila, Burt Reynolds!
Saturday night was supposed to be strip-club night according to our original plans. I was so hungover that I really didn't feel like going but was gonna be a soldier and just get through the evening. My friends, Dez and Erica, came over to the house at about 7 on Saturday evening. Jeannine and I were already there and we waited about an hour to see if anybody else was gonna show up and join us in our adventure to Portland. After nobody (Willie) showed up we headed out on the road. None of us had eaten yet so we decided to stop in Portland for some grub. McMenamin's White Eagle, here we come! Little did we know there was a concert in session at the White Eagle and not a table to be found. After getting our refund of $6 each we headed out into Portland. McMenamin's Ringler's/the Crystal Ballroom was also packed sending us to choice number three, Rock Bottom brewery. What a great choice. We all enjoyed great food, delicious drinks and good company. Afterwards we were too full to do anything else. I hate making plans to go see some boobies and then not seeing boobies. We decided to head back to Longview and call it a night. And as soon as we hit I-5 north Jeannine and Dez were both out. We made it home in shortly under a hour and went to bed.
The other thing I hate is laundry. Which I spent my day yesterday doing in my still, slightly hung-over state.
One thing I love though is free Beer. Thanks Gus.

1 comment:

Gus said...

no picture of me as Marty McFly. shame on you. and shame on me since the batteries on my camera died after 2 pictures, so I got no picture of me too.

and I would like to add that I was at nates drinking at 5:00, and was at Bo's til 4:00 AM and not puking (pussy) while trying to stop Willie (Burt) from kicking some punk's ass. Great night.