Friday, July 07, 2006

Dominant Eye

Holy Shit. I just read in a golf magazine how to find if you are left or right eye dominant. Make a circle with your thumb and first finger, and center it on an object a few feet away. Now close each eye one at a time, and the eye that stays centered on the object is your dominant eye.

Why? Because when putting or lining up golf shots (or in other examples shooting rifles left or right handed, etc.), it can affect your success if you are looking through your weaker eye. Well I just found out I am right handed, but left-eye dominant. Shit. Less than 70% of the population is left eye dominant, and even less than that are right handed and left-eye dominant. You add that to the white jeans and I am one pretty unique fucker.

Now I go back to that golf picture of me trying to hit left handed, and the fact that I bat left handed, and I think I was meant to be a lefty. I bet my parents just didn't want to buy me left handed sporting equipment...

How about you? Righty or Lefty? Right eye or Left eye? Or can you throttle the goblin with both hands???

3 comments:

n8 b said...

Righty, Righty
That's why my team won wiffleball

Emily:) said...

That's some freaky shit:) Lefty, lefty for me:)

Gus said...

Yeah, in wiffleball, Right handed, but bat left handed, but use left eye which lines my head up perfectly with the pitch. That's why I am a better hitter than you.