Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Branch in Seattle

Sorry, no posts for 4 days, cause as you can see in the prior post, its work, work, work for all of us. Todd has disappeared thanks to his new job, and Nate and I are throwing down 9-10 hour days every day, with not much time for relaxing or blogging.

But something that has to be mentioned, is the return of the Seahawks to the Super Bowl. Can I get a HELL YEAH!? (except for you Emily, your Steelers got their ring and now they are done...or are they?) Deion Branch is coming to Seattle and even though our offensive line is missing Hutch, I still think we are poised to get back into the playoffs, and dare I say it, even the superbowl. And there is no fucking way we could get screwed by the refs twice in a row, so we should have a legitimate chance. The reason? Quality players like Hasslebeck, Alexander, Strong, Jackson, Trufant (GO COUGS) and now Branch.

(from the daily news article): This is a man who, on the morning of Super Bowl XXXIX, got on the phone and called all his former coaches, from youth teams through college, to thank them for helping him reach this point. Then he went out and won the game's MVP award."I never forget the people who were there before I became the Deion Branch you see now," he said Tuesday, attired in a sharp suit and wearing a $39 million smile.

I can't wait for him to get set in our offense. We are gonna beat the shit out of Arizona this week.

3 comments:

n8 b said...

too bad he's not playing this weekend...
and as long as alexander stays healthy (damn you madden curse) i see no reason why the hawks aren't playing in the super bowl

Gus said...

you don't think he will play? I sure hope the guy who has him in fantasy leaves him in against me. That would be sweet.

And if that madden curse gets Shaun, I will never play Madden again.

n8 b said...

I hope the Madden curse ends this year too, but damn, it seems like it happens every year.

And Holgrem said that they weren't going to play him this week because he isn't used to the West Coast offense yet.