Monday, November 06, 2006

BFF

Best
Friends
Forever

You know how someone is a true friend? When they call you from vegas to tell you they are sitting in a Hukah bar at the top of the stratosphere looking out over a beautiful 80 degree evening, and add that they aren't rubbing in the fact that it is shitty and gloomy and been raining for almost a week straight back where we live in wonderful Longview.

It's raining so hard the gutters, the streets, the roads, the ditches, etc. are all overflowing. The rain lately has actually ruined my hot-tub cover and there is a nice lake forming every day on top because I am too busy/lazy to rig some kind of cover for the cover, or buy a new one.

If you think that's not good enough, I didn't even get his phone call because I'm so busy at work in this shitty ass weather, that I put my phone on Do Not Disturb. It's almost 4:30 though, so I was figuring I could afford 2 minutes to type this. I think I may even go to lunch here pretty soon since I've only been here for 8 hours straight with no break. Fuck I'm hungry.

How about some positive? RA Long volleyball won district this Saturday, in one of those come from behind awesome matches where they are down in the 3rd game after losing the first two, and they end up winning that and the next two games and winning the championship. Pretty fucking cool. Then we went to Blazer opening night in Portland, and watched them come from behind and beat the Timberwolves. Then I won both my fantasy football matchups this weekend. And I did pretty good at all my pickem leagues, although probably didn't win again. And the Seahawks should be kicking the shit out of the Raiders in an hour or so. Fuck work, I'm gonna go watch that. I hear a beer or six calling my name, with their little brother whiskey sour saying "hey bitch, drink me too."

No comments: