Tuesday, December 27, 2005

what did you get for christmas?

I'm always curious about presents. My Christmas was looking bleak between work stress and present buying stress and funerals, but it turned out okay. I got a new jacket and some simpsons dvds and some books and of course I bought myself a Xbox360. Plus I took Abby shopping and to dinner and a movie at Cinetopia in Vancouver. And Abby took care of a lot of the shopping and I think everyone liked what we got them, which is important too me.

Cinetopia was a little spendy, but the snacks are reasonable and you can take those and pizza or other food into the theatres, plus its really loud, really big screens, big comfy chairs with plenty of leg room, and we went into the restaurant and wine bar, which is really upscale. They serve food in portions to share at $7-$15 and you order a few different ones (or 5 like us, we were hungry) and then get some overpriced (but very good) wine, and get full and drunk before the movie. It was nice. (although I spent over $100, you could easily get away with $30-50 without the wine)

We saw the Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe, the Chronicles of Narnia, and that movie was great. Good for kids although young kids might get scared at the battle scene cause they show some close-ups of some really scary and ugly looking creatures. But there is no blood and no sex and no cussing, so older children should be fine. It's a great story and really good special effects.

3 comments:

Gus said...

abby got the movie and dinner and shopping, and some clothes, books, and candy. Nothing says I love you like sour patch kids.

n8 b said...

erik,
i *sour patch kid* you

n8 b said...

i must've been good this year (funny, i don't remember that) cause i hauled in some loot. got the new video iPod (and it's rad), a new sony digital camera (it's rad too), a car adapter for my iPod, a foo-foo shirt (my brother may be gay), and some other shit...


(just kidding t.r.)