Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hell on Earth

So as some of you out there know, I work for a plumbing and industrial supply wholesaler as a plumbing salesman. And this month happens to be our dreaded inventory. Here's a little background on my company; we just so happen to be the largest wholesaler in the world with locations everywhere (including Europe). The branch I work for has over 10,000 items on our shelves out in our warehouse with a value easily over a million dollars. So starting Saturday (I usually work Monday through Friday; ten hours a day) we will be spending time out in our lovely warehouse which as of right now is just a little bit colder than a beer cooler. I can seriously see my own breath out there it's that cold. Hopefully Saturday will be a short day and we won't have to work Sunday (that's what management is saying; but you know how they are). But next weekend starting Friday I will stay until a little after midnight only to be back Saturday morning at six in the morning. Saturday night we will probably be here until midnight, run home and take a quick nap and come back Sunday morning probably between 6 and 8. The weekend after that there is a handful of employees from our branch who will be going down to Portland, Oregon's branch and helping them count. I just so happen to be lucky enough to have to go to Portland. About four months ago I got a little promotion into the office from our front desk. One of the stipulations of the promotion was going from hourly pay to salary. I am kicking myself now. So basically this place owns me for the next month and I'm there bitch. And that sucks. Almost as bad as the ladies at Wal-Mart (you know what I'm talking bout Stephaine). So to all of you out there have a safe January and hopefully I will get a chance to post sometime soon. Seacrest out!

1 comment:

Gus said...

I like counting. 1 beer, 2 beer, 3 beers, ah ah ah.

fuck, inventory sucks balls, especially if you aren't getting paid extra. I hope the raise was enough to cover the extra couple weekends AND the extra hours you already put in. You need to get an xbox 360.