Monday, January 09, 2006

public service anouncement

You may not of heard, but I am a banker. And the news on the street is Wal-mart wants to get into banking. I'm not in the mood for debate on monopolies and the government and public structure, but this cartoon pretty much says it all.
http://www.danzigercartoons.com Jeff's site has way more great cartoons. Please check em out if you don't read the paper regularly. All rights reserved New York Post.
(if you can't read all those signs, its the rubble left over from hardware stores, drug stores, grocery stores, clothing stores...you get the idea)

2 comments:

n8 b said...

This post right here hits a nerve with me. You know what I hate? When people bitch about not being able to find a job and how local businesses are going under and how their brother-in-law just got laid off and then they turn around and spend almost all of their paycheck at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart does nothing good for the local economy. I've read reports and studies on this shit (one of my exes is in a union) and for every job that Wal-Mart creates it destroys two. And the job it does create is low-paying, no benefit and usually not even 40 hours a week. While the jobs they are destroying are usually full-time, some benefits, and pay decent. Also have you ever taken the time to actually check out most of their products. A good majority of it is foreign. And where does all the profits go? Straight to Sam Walton. His philosophy might as well be "Fuck your community, but buy my shit cause it's cheap." Since I have done a little research on it I haven's shoppped at Wal-Mart for probably 2-1/2 years now. (Well that and the fact that I hate the fat ladies with moustaches yelling at her in-bred little kids while she reaks of pork and Thunderbird. FUCK WAL-MART!

Gus said...

I also haven't shopped there in a few years, and the few times I did before that, it was few and far between. I'll take Fred Meyer or Target where I know people who work there and make a career out of it instead of getting the shaft and making the community worse.