Monday, February 27, 2006

Pardon me, I have nothing to say

That's a very funny line from George Carlin's standup bit about "ways to keep people on their toes." And it fits with how I feel today. After about 40 hours of coaching this weekend in Yakima, I considered letting exhaustion, sickness, and an overall "ahh, fuck it" attitude keep me in bed all day today, but instead I am at work with the nice big bags under my eyes.

On the plus side our team did really well, in fact better than our team has ever done at the big Yakima tournament . If not for a few losses at the end of the second day, and the fact that we got bumped to a shitty little hotel with not enough hot water, it would have been perfect. So my attitude today will involve little talking, many one word answers to questions from people I can't find a way to avoid, and some kind of nap or going to be early, (of course, this will be after doing the write-up for our team, downloading pictures from our team and the other 11 teams that played this weekend, working on the raffle some more, and trying to fit in a Lions meeting.)

Come to think of it, with practice as well as training at work tomorrow night, and blazer tickets wednesday, I think I'll probably be running on empty (or emptier) til about Thursday. As a matter of fact, I think I will probably end up taking advantage of a weekend with no tournament to still NOT get all the boxes of garage sale and christmas decorations into storage, just like the last 2 months...

edit: on a side note, while getting Carlin's link, I saw on the website that he underwent an angioplasty (surgery) this winter, but is doing okay. Get better soon Mr. Carlin.

Also, Kennedy sent in this awesome link gizoogle of my website from gizoogle.com.

1 comment:

Emily:) said...

Of all the towns in WA, you were in Yakima. I love it! It's the only city in the state I've spent significant amounts of time in twice, as my college roommate is from Yakima. AND you were coaching v-ball, my sport, which my friend from Yakima was literally all-American at when she was in high school. She and her hubby went to Davis HS. You know it? Then he played soccer at Whitman and she came to BC with me. Such a small world:)