Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Facts About Gus Vol. 8


After reading a couple of Smooty's posts on Gus, one memory became crystal clear. I now remember where he learned his vicious dance moves. It ties into his love of movies also.
I remember when I first met Erik, he had me come over to hang out at his house after school. I remember riding my Stu Thompson edition Huffy over to house with a backpack full of baseball cards. I knew Gus had a good collection of cards and was hoping to do some trading. I got out of my chores for the day and made it to Erik's house earlier than I originally had thought.
I knocked on the front door and Erik's dad let me in. He told me he was downstairs watching movies. I headed down and found Erik watching a video.
On Betamax.
The video?
The Making of Michael Jackson's Thriller.
Little did I know that Erik was honing his dance moves.
He quickly ejected the tape and turned the TV off, but he was sweating pretty badly. I figured he had just ran home from school, but in all reality he was home working on his moves.
Who knew that without Betamax, the world would never have G-Fed, the white pants or the Pop And Lock. Thank you Betamax.

2 comments:

Emily:) said...

Dude, there's nothin embarassing about dancing to Thriller OR to the making of Thriller. That John Lnadis really knows how to direct a video;)

Gus said...

Best $7.65 I ever spent.