Tuesday, September 05, 2006

the weekend and reader contributions

So, out of all those choices, I sold Stacy's tickets, got absolutely tore-up Friday night for no good reason except that I had a ride to Seattle the next morning, and woke up to take furniture to my sister's new townhouse in Seattle. I went to Bumbershoot and saw Hawthorne Heights, Yellowcard, and AFI. 3 concerts on the mainstage that were pretty kickass, considering I am almost 30 (inside joke), plus lots of booths, performers, other stages, comedy, beer gardens...all for $30. Not bad. I think the only bad part was the cost of beers at a whopping $5 or $6 each. And the fact that I found out Zach Galifiankakis (from the movie Out Cold), David Cross, the Upright Citzens Brigade, and other comedians were at bumbershoot and I did not run back from the Funhouse (bar across the street with a great happy hour and jello shots) quick enough to catch Zach. I plan to go next year and get the schedule so I can plan my day out in between beers and waiting in lines for concerts. One beer garden had a concert stage right inside, so that was nice. Then I spent Sunday morning waiting for my ride and moving furniture at my sister's place until my ride showed up. (Thanks a bunch to Apul and Avish for the ride and for moving furniture with me. You guys rock. Go to Quizno's and buy a sandwhich from Avish if you get the chance. They are delish.)

Later, I will get some pictures, but for now until Nate posts about his weekend, you get some reader commentary, sent in by our very own Stacy.
"Matt Leinart is going to be a father. I'm devastated. He was on my 'list' and considering he lives in the vicinity (Phx), I was up to at least a 5% chance."
"You could also add a link to the ever popular www.mulletsgalore.com. If you haven't been there in awhile, it's worth a look. You have to look at the 'classifications' section. I think my favorite is the albinoinbredmullet - although they are all extremely hilarious."

No comments: