Monday, January 29, 2007

365 Beers

Sorry I haven't posted in ages, I've been extremely busy as of late. I just recently moved to Portland and I am still in the process of getting settled. I also had inventory at work this last week so that's been keeping me occupied. But now that I am "mostly" all moved and done with inventory, I should be able to post on a more regular basis.
Recently while checking out the sites I normally surf (ginapalooza, lisaopolis, abc news, mulgrew, planetdan, red red rine, fark, the letter d, waiterrant, espn, etc.) I came across a link to a site called 365 beer. This site was for a drinking game in which the goal was to drink a different beer every day for a year. When I found the site it was open to anybody to sign up. But since it was linked to Fark.com, soon they shut it down and only opened it to a few, priveledged drinkers. Well since then I have decided that I want to give this a try.
(One thing I have noticed about Portland is all of the different varieties of beers. At the Plaid Pantry near my place they have about 30 different beers. And that's just at the Plaid Pantry. With something like thirty different breweries in Portland I don't think finding that many different beers will be a problem. And knowing how I enjoy beer so much I figured that this sounds like fun.)
My goal is to start on my 30th birthday (February 16th) and drink a different beer a day for the year. Now, on the original webpage it said that you just had to finish four ounces of a beer for it to count. Fuck that. I am going to make myself finish the whole beer for it to count regardless of whether it's a 12 oz can, 16 oz pint or 22 oz bottle (or bigger).
I may also start another blog to keep track of all this consumption. Anybody else interested in giving it a try? I'm looking at you Gus, Smooty and Dicko.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Portland!

Depending on which part of town you now live in go check out the Dublin Pub @ Scholls.I believe they actually have 365 beers there, and they let you "try" them for nada. Good live music, pool and beer. What else ya need?!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warm welcome and the tip on the pub. I'll have to check that place out here in the next couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

Dude, No you're not. I seriously doubt that you've had a different beer, every day for the last 4 years and 11 days. Nice try though Dicko.

P.S. Are you ever gonna pay me for straight-up dominating your fantasy football league?

Gus said...

I am in. I think all four of us should do it (adding Dicko back on as a poster) and have a quick post about which beer you tried each day. If you miss a few posts, you just write it down and then post a few days worth at once.

And I agree that you must finish the entire beer, whether it be a Cornita or a 40 of O.E. It's only one beer a day. And we need more participants. Maybe a second blog and then we can enlist participants and give them rights to post. You have 16 days or so to get the blog up and running and full of participants, and come up with a few rules.

Emily:) said...

I'm in too. Hook a sistah up:) Can I count beers starting Jan 1 of this year? I had some bitchin beers while in Europe over New Years.