Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The End of the World

While I was checking out the beer selection at my neighborhood Fred Meyer last night I came across a beer called La Fin Du Monde. It's brewed by a French-Canadian brewery out of Quebec and is a "triple-fermented" Belgian Ale packing 9% AV. The name translated to English means "the End of the World".
And it was for me. I am shamed to admit this but I couldn't even finish this beer. It kicked my ass. I personally didn't care for the taste (too yeasty) but the alcohol content had me feeling "good" in no time. This is one brew I may have to stear clear of during my 365 beer attempt.
I also picked up a sixer of the New Belgium Spring Seasonal, Springboard. I am very much looking forward to killing them all this evening. I am a huge fan of all things New Belgium and this should be no exception.
Hooray BEER!!!

1 comment:

Gus said...

A new New Belgium beer?

Looks like a trip to the store is in my immediate future.