Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Flushing a shut-out down the drain

I know it's only wiffleball, but it still hurts to have a shut-out going into the 6th and final inning, and having the wind pick up just a little bit, and getting shelled for 7 runs. You would think our manager would pull me, and put Tyler* in, but as I am the manager and was the one that couldn't get Phil to swing at a strike if the game depended on it (which it did), and I am stupid, I stood there like a stubborn bitch until my arm hurt (yes, from wiffleball, screw you) and pitched until I got the 3rd out.

And to make matters worse, I got robbed of a home run in the game for the second time this season. Uhh...crap, I had something else to say, but am now fuming about dropping that game and not hitting a home run in the last at bat to tie the game, that I can't even think straight.

*yes there were only 2 of us playing, which is part of the reason we couldn't stop some of the multitude of hits

1 comment:

Gus said...

and to make matters even worse than that, I think I may have strained my hammy. damn, wiffleball is a rough sport.