Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Rainy Days of Wiffleball

So we played wiffleball on Sunday. Probably not the best idea with the scattered showers and all. Before our game we started of with a little home run derby tournament that was won by the one-and-only Erik Guttormsen. Congrats Gus.
The rain really didn't affect the home run derby that much, except for batted balls that should've been a homerun but just died right next to the fence. I had at least three of them myself.
The rain did affect the regular game. It's very hard to pitch from a muddy mound and to bat in a mud-filled batter's box. I tried pitching a couple of innings and I got shelled, walking a few and giving up a couple of runs. And the other team was killing me with their pitching. I couldn't hit my way out of a wet paper bag. Final score: 17-11.
It wasn't that bad, I mean we only lost by a touchdown.

1 comment:

Gus said...

Wiffleball really is the shit. I highly recommend playing it if you have the means.