Friday, June 02, 2006

Golfing, rain or shine

Well...it's Friday. And I approach another weekend where I have plans to play golf. Which is a good feeling, except for the 2nd time this spring, I have plans to play when it is supposed to rain. Last time it was at Trophy Lake in Port Orchard a few weeks back at James' 1st Annual Cabin Trip and Golf (weather permitting). The weather turned out to be sunburn-beautiful instead of raining as expected, and I spent a good 36 hours or so drinking, golfing, playing cards, and catching up with some college buddies that I usually only get to talk to via email or cell phone. It was great, and the weather was exactly like the website pictures.This time it is at Heron Lakes in Portland, and it is for the wife's family reunion and the 6th annual (I think) Fergie Fest Family Golf Tournament. Am I lucky enough to have the weather hold off and look like the picture below? Or will the forescast of rain only in the PM be off and I will get drenched? Let's hope for some sunbreaks so I can enjoy another year's win.

edit: Speaking of rain and sports, I have decided long ago living in the Pacific NW that rain won't stop me from playing sports. It has to be a frickin storm, and windy and raining to the point of not enjoying myself anymore to keep me from playing. A buddy (Bo) wouldn't come play wiffleball the other day because it was barely raining. Does that make him a pussy, or me crazy? (And does it change your answer to know that the rain stopped in the 1st inning?)

2 comments:

n8 b said...

I think it makes him a Pussy. But I already thought that of Bo.

Gus said...

I tied for the win in this tourney. I am the man. And the cart girl was free spirited with the beers, which was nice. hmmmmm, 16 oz. buds...