Thursday, September 28, 2006

more football and videogames

Speaking of bowl games, I was just reminded of a little known fact last night by my dad. My great-great uncle (or something like that) played for the Huskies in the 1926 Rose Bowl. George Guttormsen was the Captain at QB and a Kicker (yeah, crazy), and held the record from 1926-1963 for the longest punt in the rosebowl (73 yards), which was broke in 63, and then again in 81, both also at 73 yards. He also scored "A few plays later Wilson caught a short pass for a crucial first down and then threw a 27-yard touchdown pass to quarterback George Guttormsen." ( husky bowl history )
They lost the game 19-20 to Alabama, and some attributed it to the 2 extra points that George missed in the game (according to the Pac 10 Football book my dad has). I couldn't find mention online of him missing those kicks, or of his record, but I did find that he scored a touchdown, and I like that version better.

But I attribute the loss to the fact that the Huskies sucked, have sucked, and still suck. But its cool to have a famous family member, even if no one knows he is famous, and even if he is a hucking fusky...

Another cool fact. my licence plate is 1926, but its Coug plates since the huskies suck. But its a cool coincidence to have the same number.

The Xbox360 rocks. And I am very excited for this new shooter to come out in a few months. Until then I have Dead Rising, where I get to kill zombies by the hundreds, so I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Call of Duty 3 is in the works. Halo 3 comes out next year. They announced that Halo Wars RTS game. I just got Lego Star Wars 2. If I had more time to play, I would be loving life with all these games and new technology.

No comments: