Friday, August 19, 2005

Coug'n it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coug_it

Coug it is a vernacular phrase meaning "pulling defeat from the jaws of victory" or choking it. This phrase is most commonly used among sports fans in the Pacific Northwest and to a lesser extent in the West Coast of the United States, and is most often directed towards those associated with Washington State University.

You have to see the list of examples, and the other uses on this article. It is great. I hate how people mis-use the phrase "coug-it" and say it whenever we lose. They should realize that its only applicable when we blow a lead or screw up a sure thing.

edit: Gina's blog talked about flavored wine. We just tried some at a wine tasting, where the hosts spilled wine on abby, which prompted us to talk about the infamous "I spilled wine all over me" comment by Gina, when in fact it was Beth who has spilled or something. But anyways, here are two more funny pics of Gina, cause although we talked of trading cameras at the wedding so I would have pictures of me, we didnt, and I only have pictures of other people... uhh, okay there is a funny one of me, and another of Gina, which is wierd because these are before we got drunk. And then the standard KD pic, just because. (Abby, Amy, & Anne in back. Erin & Gina in front.)

2 comments:

Lisaopolis said...

Excellent! But what is really super class about the pic is the plastic beer cup juxtaposed with the champagne flute.

Whoosh, sorry there, just had flashbacks of sweet sounds of Pullman memories and sorority sister weddin's!

GO COUGS!

Gina Grace said...

I'm so super psyched about there being a web-site with so many GREAT photos of moi!

But yeah, the best part of the picture is that I have both a full beer AND champaigne in my hands. Hey, you've gotta do what you've gotta do. Sweet.