Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Exercise, Kobe, and other random thoughts


So this past New Year's I made the resolution of trying to get into better shape. I figured I would start jogging and maybe start playing tennis and basketball again. The dodgeball league I participated in just wasn't physically demanding enough.
Before I got my promotion (last September) I worked on the front counter helping customers who walked in off the street. One thing about the front counter is you have to pull all your own orders. Now that I have made the move back into the office, I no longer have the responsibility of pulling my own orders. Basically I sit at my desk, answer phone calls, write up bids and orders, and surf the internet. Not very tough at all. And in the last four and half months I have gained about twenty pounds. Skinny guys do not look good with a gut. So this weekend is gonna be my first weekend of actually trying to exercise. And I'm thinking I will be able to keep at it at least until the weather gets nicer and I can start playing paintball again.
What did everybody think about Kobe Bryant's 81 point outburst over the weekend? As I watched it, I felt like I was watching somebody play NBA Live against Danny from "the Other Sister". 81? Why stop there? Why not try to break Wilt's record? You know why? Cause Kobe is a pussy. And what kind of nickname is "Black Mamba"? This ain't Kill Bill motherfucker.
On a completely seperate note; a few friends and I are trying to get a wiffle-ball league started for the summer. If there is anybody out there in the Pacific NW that would like to play, shoot me an e-mail and I will let you know what you need to know. You may be thinking, why the fuck would you play wiffle-ball? Because it's a fucking blast. We had a tournament last year and everyone had a great time. Nothing like sitting in the sun, drinking some brews and just basically hanging with your bros. And one good thing about wiffle-ball is you don't have to run the bases. Translation: You can get fucking hammered!
And for the finale of the Last Man Standing that I spoke of earlier, I took the Pittsburgh Steelers along with another guy and three others took the Seattle Seahawks. Gym that I work with took the Denver Broncos, so he's out. So now I have to split the pot with four other winners and then split my share with the three other guys I work with. Final winnings = $76. Just a little short on the X-Box 360 that I need so badly. So I'll just have to go over to Gus' house and play his. What time you expecting me G? I'll bring the brews. Seacrest out!

3 comments:

Gus said...

76 bucks? thats it? fucking disappointing. Thats like the people in Bruce Almighty who won only $17 in the lottery because everyone won.

And you can come play the box thursday I think. Call of Duty 2 is the shiznit.

Gus said...

oh yeah, and what kind of working out are you gonna do? running, or some real sport? Becuase i might be interested.

n8 b said...

Erik,
You need to slow down when you read posts. I never once stated I was going to be "working out" as you put it. I just stated that I would like to try to get back into shape.
And now that you mentioned that $17 lotto winners in Bruce Almighty, that is kind of how I felt. I was thinking earlier that I kind of felt like that dog that I kicked in the nuts (don't ask, long story) but I indeed feel like a $17 lotto winner.
Fuck. Now I'm all depressed. Thanks a lot Gus. And I was so happy right after I kicked that dog.