Monday, January 23, 2006

Next Stop: Detroit


So as most of you out there know, the Seattle Seahawks dismantled the Carolina Panthers yesterday to earn their first trip to the Super Bowl in franchise history. Here in the beautiful pacific northwest this a very BIG deal. You see us here on the upper left coast haven't known the excitement of having a sports franchise win it all. I know the Seattle Storm won it all a couple years ago but really, who watches women's basketball? We've had the Mariners go off and win 116 games and then die faster than a one-eyed kitten once the playoffs get serious. And then we have the so called Super-Sonics. They were close a couple of times in the late '90s when all-world asshole Gary Payton was running point and Shawn Kemp had only eleven illegitimate children opposed to the 27 he has now. And the 'Hawks have been disappointing these last couple of years and haven't done shit in the playoffs since like 1984. I don't know about the rest of you but in 1984 I paid more attention to G.I. Joe then sports. I mean how can you go wrong with a real American hero? But this team is different. I can just feel it. As I stated about two weeks ago I am just happy they are in the big show. But they are gonna win it all. I mean the Steelers are good but they aren't that good. Hasselback, Alexander and company are bringing home the hardware. I'm calling it right here; party at Guttormsen's. (thanks Gus)
Seahawks 31, Steelers 24

3 comments:

Lisaopolis said...

lol it's viewers like you that make people think girls can't play ball, bwah!

Gus said...

That was a very funny post. good job. and the party will not be at my house. i am working at the details, but so far I have invites to at least 3 places with bigger tvs than mine. now i just need to move a volleyball tourney so that I dont feel like an asshole when I miss it for the game.

n8 b said...

I was just kidding lisaopolis....I know girls can ball when it comes to the hoops....but just because everybody knows it doesn't mean anybody cares.....