Friday, March 24, 2006

The Legend Of BULLCOK

As some of you may know I used to play tennis back in my high school days. I wasn't the greatest, but I wasn't half bad either. My high school had one of the better teams in the league so for my first two years I played junior varsity.
The summer between my sophomore and junior years I decided I was gonna play varsity. I played tennis all the time and even went as far as taking some lessons. My game improved dramatically.
Well school starts and my math teacher and I don't get along. At all. Long story short, he ends up flunking me. As a result I don't get to play tennis my junior year, which would have been my first year on varsity. I was pissed.
I kept playing though even occasionally practicing with the team. Kept playing all summer getting ready for senior year. I remember taking a somewhat easy schedule my senior year just so I would do good in all my classes so I know I would play tennis. I also ran cross country and "wrestled" my senior year. The reason I put wrestled in parentheses is a whole other store that I really don't have time to get into know.
Shit, where was I.
....re-reading post....
Okay so tennis season my senior year starts and we have a great team. All the guys that started their freshman year with me fill the varsity squad. I am paired up with my buddy Greg playing doubles. We were pretty damn good winning most of our matches. Well as most of you know, the local newspaper usually will do write-ups on local high school sports. I always thought it was pretty cool when I got my name in the paper and usually cut them out and put them in some half-ass scrapbook I had.
Well one of the last matches of season comes and we are playing the dreaded Columbia River high school out of Vancouver, Washington. This is the one team that every year played us tough. They always had a great team. We kicked their asses. I think Greg and I won our doubles match something like 6-1, 6-0. Stomped their Cheiftain* asses into the ground. We were pumped. That win pretty much assured us of the league title. So the next afternoon I hurry home after school and grab the local newspaper. Reading the write-up I notice something wrong. Wait a minute......What's this?
RAL vs. Columbia River
Varsity Doubles
Greg Able & Nate Bullcok
defeat
Jake Shaw & Ryan Smith
6-2, 6-0
What the fuck? Bullcok? My last name is Bullock.
What's even worse is my mom works at the Newspaper. And they still spelled my name wrong.
My buddies thought it was hilarious. I got called "Bullcok" for long, long time.
Some good did come out of it though. I ended up asking a hot chick to the prom and she said yes. Boy did that girl end up disappointed.

* Chieftain was Columbia River's mascot

1 comment:

Emily:) said...

WHat's your obsession with Gus's dick Smooty? That's like the 3rd post in a week where you've mentioned it. Penis envy...anyone?;)