Monday, March 20, 2006

The Sweet Sixteen a.k.a. How My Bracket Got Busted

Note to self: Quit drinking before filling out March Madness tournament brackets. The downside to that is I will have to wait until next year to actually follow through on it. And as of Saturday, this year's bracket was completely fuckered. Here are the standings as of Monday morning:

1. Shaun Campbell - 480 pts. - still leading after an impressive first round
2. Emily "Red Red" Rine - 450 - Wow! The luck of the Irish is alive and well
tie. Erik Guttormsen - 450 - speechless
4. Alex Nelson - 440 - who knew that bankers knew basketball?
5. E. Rhodes - 430 - who?
6. n8 b - 410 - why UNC, why?
7. Ryan "Dicko" Dickerson - 400 - you suck Dicko
tie. T. Warburton - 400 - who, deux?
9. T. Tasker - 390 - who, again?
tie. Gym Hewey - 390 - now that is some funny shit. I don't care who you are that's some funny shit.

At this time I would like to give a big fuck you to UNC, Ohio State and Kansas. As for Southern Illinois and U of Wisconsin, Milwaukee...my bad, what the hell was I thinking?
As for my other brackets, they are fucked too. I actually had Illinois winning one. I guess I like just throwing money away. My only hope hinges on Dook and J.J. Redick who is looking awfully tired.
As for my St. Paddy's day I drank some green beers, and some Guinness. Erik and Mrs. G. got wasted. Good times. Quite the dangerous duo when they have both been boozing. They have been known to leave empty beer cans and half-eaten breakfast burritos in their wake.

4 comments:

Gus said...

You must not have seen who I had picked to win it. I never got back online to change my joke pick, so my only hope is that you all get the final pick wrong too, or I am out of it.

Emily:) said...

Whoohoo! i'm in second place. Look out boys. That t-shirt is mine! I totally called the Georgetown vs. Florida match-up. I'm still pissed about Kansas though. Oh well, even though my beloved Buckeyes choked at least BC is still in it.

Btw, the names you didn't know are all friends of mine: Eric Rhodes, Tom Tasker, and Trevor Warburton. Good times:)

n8 b said...

I've decided to change the rules halfway into this mofo....
Washington vs. Pennsylvania
YES!...We are so kicking your asses Em!
And I don't care if it's fair.

Emily:) said...

Bring it on punk!!!:)