Sunday, August 27, 2006

Wedding Weekend V (Double Wedding Edition)

So this weekend I had the honour of attending two weddings (numbers 5 & 6 on the Summer). And my liver is now paying for it. Big time.
It all started Friday after work. I decided to stop by Kesler's after work for a beer with Jenny and Jenny. And my beer was so delish that I consumed another. After two beers my buddy Gym was calling me to tell me that he was on his way to my house to pick me up for the wedding. Our buddy Cory was getting married.
And it was a beautiful ceremony. The wedding was two blocks from my house so afterwards we were able to stop back by mi casa and consume a couple more brews before the reception. And they were also delish.
After mi casa we headed over to the reception and drank some beer (see a pattern forming?). About halfway through the reception (I would guess about beer number 8) they had a champagne toast. And I had a big glass of champagne (not so delish). After the champagne I went back to the brewskis.
After another beer or two I decided to head home. On my way home I got a text message from the Jennys and they were still at Kesler's. I decided that the night was young (it was only 11) and I was feeling great so off to Kesler's it was.
I remember drinking more beer and dancing til the place closed down. Afterwards I came home and passed the fluck out.
The pounding in my skull was too much to handle. Especially at seven in the morning. I looked around to see if I could find the truck that must've run me over but it was nowhere to be found.
You know how your mouth starts watering a lot right before you throw up? Yeah, so I had that going for me along with the pounding headache as I stumbled down the hallway towards the porcelain throne in the bathroom. I made it there just in time to realize that;
A) My head hurt a lot. A lot. Bad. Seriously you have no idea.
B) I no longer had to vomit so I made the trip for nada.
I crash landed back in my bed and tried to regain unconsciousness but it was all for naught. So I laid there in misery for a while before getting up and finally losing it all. Repeat.
So my Saturday was pretty much fuckered. I drove up to the closest mini-mart and bought two 32 oz. Gatorade's and some Advil. I went home, took the advil, drank a Gatorade, chatted with the coach and passed the fuck out.
I woke up just in time to realize that I was a couple of hours late to my buddy Todd's party and needed to be at my friend Tim's house for the UFC in a matter of half a hour.
On a sidenote: That Chuck Lidell is one bad mofo. For Real.
Anyways I went to Tim's, watched some fights, and then made a stop by Todd's. I stayed there for about a half a hour before coming home a crashing.
I woke up Sunday feeling a lot better but not totally healed. I finally started feeling good again after my first beer at Reggie and Margaux's wedding. Their wedding was at a Palace that's in the hills about a half hour outta town. This place was amazing. Beautiful ceremony for some beautiful people. It was one of the better weddings that I have been to. And I'm not just saying that because they were serving beer before and during the ceremony, but it certainly did help!
The only downside was me turning into a guy and spilling his two beers all over him. And from what I hear he's a bad dude. So if your reading this Pat Bailey I really am sorry. I had no idea you were standing there.
Anyways I got a chance to talk with lots of friends that I haven't seen in a long time. It was a very nice time and I did what I do good. Drank Beer.
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Cory Harren and Mr. and Mrs. Reggie Williamson.

1 comment:

Gus said...

yeah, congratulations guys.