Sunday, October 01, 2006

Disc Golf = Good Times

So today I played my first round of Disc Golf. And it was a blast. The only thing that I would change would be the course we played. Eddie B followed me back from Portland and we met up with Dez and Collin at my house. We all jumped in Collin's VW Bus and headed over to Oregon. We arrived at the park realizing that we had no idea where the course started. So we just kinda wandered around until we found the first hole. Now we played at Trojan Park in Rainier, Oregon the site of the former Trojan Nuclear Power Plant. They blew the plant to smithereens a couple of months ago and recently installed an eighteen hole disc golf course. The only downside is the huge lake in the middle of the park. And about twelve holes had water in play. So I lost on disc, Dez lost two, and Collin lost my other disc. I just ordered some replacements off of ebay and should be playing again next weekend. And I am gonna try to drag Gus out there with me. With his love of golf and ultimate frisbee I figured disc golf would be perfect for him. Here are a couple of pics I took today of the action.
Here is Eddie B with his disc heading straight for the basket. Ed had played a couple times before and showed us the ropes. He also played the best round of his short career he said multiple times. His game was on and it was fun to see.
Here is Collin with his putt in the air for the second hole. He played a pretty great match and is looking forward to playing again.
Dez had a blast even though he missed this shot and lost two discs. He plans on playing again here shortly. We are talking about making a short trip down to Portland and checking out a couple of courses maybe next weekend. The courses in Portlands don't have huge lakes right in the middle of them.

1 comment:

Gus said...

Yes. I want to play. My grandpas funeral service in spokane kept me out of this first round of golf, but I will come kick your guys ass when ever you want to play.