Thursday, December 15, 2005

Grandparents

Recently both Nate and I have lost a grandparent, as well as my friend Angela and at least one other person I know losing a grandparent. Very sad, especially at this time of year. December seems to be a crappy time for the elderly, becuase I haven't had to go to any funerals for a while, and then this month, BAM 2 or 3 of them. Anyways, Miss you Grandpa.

On a lighter note
Man, Garfield is some funny shit, and its been around for ever. I love him, Fox Trot, Get Fuzzy, Dilbert, The Far Side, Calvin & Hobbes, and a few others. I'm such a kid. I think that I could be perfectly happy winning a shopping spree at Toy-R-Us.

edit: And I found a new friend with the next blog button (and also a few on myspace lately, feel free to add me if you are there, Erik Guttormsen) http://stevehappens.blogspot.com/ Very Funny picture and discussion today about why people call pants "pants" when they are clearly one article of clothing and not a pair. hmmmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sorry about your grandpa, i hope your doing ok.
**Jeannine

Gina Grace said...

Sorry about your Grandpas. And Sorry I've been MIA. I'll do better, honest I will!

So what's this... I need to catch up, this is Nate AND Erik's blog now?

Gus said...

thats right. I thought, whats funnier than one person' random thoughts? Then it hit me. Two peoples random thoughts. Genius.

Emily:) said...

I'm sorry to hear about yours and others' gradparents. That sucks buddy!

On a happier note, doesn't your blog buddy "Steve Says" picture look like Sloth from Goonies?:D

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Stimulating discussion of pants, indeed.

And hey, a great blog...my sympathies to you guys. I lost my grandfather a few years ago but I don't think losing Grampy was sad as having to watch my Nana go into a home last month. Why do grandparents (and horrors, parents!) have to age??