Thursday, December 15, 2005

Road Rage Against the Machine


I have something to admit. I am a road-rager. I try not to be but I just can't help it. I mean if the speed limit is 35 drive 35. Just two nights ago I followed some dipshit for about two miles in a 35 mph zone and I shit you not he never got over 23. And that's being generous. Most of the time it was closer to 18. WTF?
Well now I have something else to rage about. Our wonderful little town of Longview has decided that the only way to stop the speeders is to put these beautiful "speed humps" on the road. And they don't install them where people speed the most. Anybody that can cover the expenses (roughly $800) can have one installed in their neighborhood by the city. According to an article on tdn.com there are currently about 40 of them in our town. The article also went on to say that people are getting angry about these. Well no shit. Some of them are so big that you have to slow down to 12 mph just so you don't bottom out. The article also says that some people have begun to lay on their horns whenever they go through an area with these. What a great idea! So I encourage everybody in Longview (all three of you who read this) who encounters these mofos to just lay on your horn.
Thanks for listening, I feel much better now.

2 comments:

Gus said...

front fender mounted machine guns. I would buy a hummer if they had those as options.

Gina Grace said...

That totally blows- yeah, if the limit is 35, why make people slow down to 12?!?! People need to keep their kids from playing in the damned streets if that's what they're worried about.