Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Talking about beer

I found a very interesting post on The Daily Dump.
Read this post about budweiser.
Essentially the comments are the interesting part, and are reffering to the blog post about budweiser and budweiser select and how they are not good. You hear people say how crappy one beer is or the next, but here is a list full of people that actually think beer can be bad. Amazing. I thought I would share my comment with you, and then let you go to the dump and check out theres and see what you think.

(my comment)
I had an interesting conversation with someone the other day. His thought was that Budwieser Select is actually Bud Dry, and that they just had to wait until everyone forgot about it and then come up with a better advertising campaign. I agreed, because who would want a thirst quenching beer that sounds like it will dry your mouth out.
I myself like Bud, or just about any beer. But I wonder if all the beer snobs who posted so far realize the difference between liking something, and actually thinking it is good. I like Budwieser, but it is not good beer. As I like Pizza Hut, but it is not good pizza. Guinness is good beer. Pyramid Hefeweizen is good beer. Budwieser is less expensive. Big difference.
Conclusion: Bud Select is good.......enough.

Also, an interesting question was brought up by Stacy. If someone calls you drunk late at night (or early in the day depending on if its Willie or not), does courtesy require a call back? She says she didn't think a drunk message required a call back.

Why does everyone think that? I asked Tom how come he never called me back last month, and his answer was "Dude, you called me at like 2:30 in the morning. I didn't know I was supposed to call you back." That my friend, is no excuse. What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To clarify - what I meant was, when you listen to the message and all you hear is loud music then 'Hello? Stacy?' This is usually followed by a 'Woo' and 'I'm so wasted'.

n8 b said...

Budweiser sucks. Heineken is good.
Bud Light is alright for getting wasted on a nice sunny day were you're gonna be drinking for hours.

If you are drunk when you call after midnight, that does not require a call back. Unless it's something important, then the caller should inform the callee of the situation.

Woooooo

Andie D. said...

Everything suddenly makes sense. You totally called it. Bud Select IS FREAKIN' BUD DRY!

Either way, bleh!

And no, a drunk dial does not automatically warrant a return call. After all, who knows if the caller will even remember. Remember what?