Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Wiffleball, Gen-Pets, Inventory, Bachelor Parties, Wedding Season, 4th of July

So my team has two more games left this wiffleball season before we start the playoffs. Tomorrow night my team, the Suckerpunch Pirates, is taking on Erik's team the Bruce Lee Wannabes. Erik wasn't able to play in our first two games so it'll be interesting to see how he does. I was calling my players last night and found out two of my more regular players weren't going to be able to make it. Andy joined our team at mid-season and just last weekend hit a grand slam. He has to work. Skyy (just like the vodka) has been with the team since we started and can pretty much play any position. He too has to work. Damn the man!

I posted a little pic last week about these little things called Gen-pets. Well it turns out it is all a big hoax done by some canadian artist. He didn't really give that good of a reason on why he does it just saying "I’m not against bioengineering, I’m simply hesitant towards where and how and by whom the technology will be used. That’s what this art sums up". Ughh, Okay weirdo.

As most of you have heard, I have inventory this weekend at my work. Inventory is usually an all weekend thing here. Last year we started on Friday morning, worked til about 2 am, came in Saturday at 8 and worked til midnight. This year it should be a little bit better. I'm hoping to be out of hear at a reasonable time on Saturday.

Because Saturday is Teabag's bachelor party. Actually it starts Friday with some camping in Bend, OR. Then Saturday they all are going white-water rafting while I have to work. After they are done rafting, everybody is heading back to Portland for some partying. If I'm lucky I will get out of work sometime Saturday evening and have time to drive down there and catch the end of the party. I *heart* Bachelor Parties. And I hear Teabag's party is gonna involve a Donkey.

It seems like all of my friends that didn't get married during the now infamous 2001-2002 wedding season are getting married this Summer. As of current count I have five weddings and receptions to attend this summer. And I can think of at least another one that I haven't heard the date of yet. One of those five that I have to attend is my brother T.R. Rumor has it that I am in the wedding, but as of know he hasn't mentioned it. It's two month's away and if I'm gonna be the best man (hopefully not, we'll get into that some other time) I would like to know so I can begin planning the bachelor party.

Weddings are a blast. Everybody's dressed sharp, it's Summertime and nice out, and there is usually a bar. If it's an open bar, that's even more reason to celebrate. It's gonna be a very fun, busy, drunken summer highlighted by the Fourth of July.

I am gonna get so drunk this year that my piss will be at least 60 proof. I am gonna take it a little easy at the Beer Gardens on the first. The CCWA playoffs and World Series will be on the second. I probably will stay pretty sober at that too. My team needs to win. I have to work the third, but plan on getting WASTED that evening. (Gus, you know I'm serious when I use the capitals) And then on the fourth I'm gonna hang out with the Guttormsens and drink myself into Williamson status. If you are around on the fourth, Do Not let me play with fireworks. It will only end in disaster. Trust me on this.

3 comments:

Gus said...

Beer Gardens are the 3rd.

Hence the "Go 3rd" t-shirts we want to make...

n8 b said...

I heard that they were on the first. I'm gunna go find that fool that been tellin me lies. I tried to get the 3rd off but it's not gonna happen.

Despedida Soltero said...

Informative content, In bachelor party you can drink all night but between the beer and the strippers, wouldn't it be fun to have a few bachelor party games such as Despedida Soltero.