Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Longview Famous?

Once you are on the internet, you are famous right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longview,_Washington

I love how it has the story of the Green Day song being named after our town. Read it, and Believe it or not #5. The song is called Longview. They first played the song here. And they then named the song Longview. They should not deny. They should accept...how cool it is here.

And plans for this weekend.
  • Brewfest warmup in Portland or Pubcrawl in Longview Friday night (decision still pending), maybe some bowling, maybe some card playing, maybe some hot-tubin. I don't know. I don't know if we'll have enough time.
  • Gokarts and minature golf Saturday on the way to Brewfest for a west coast Drink Til You Shit kind of night, inspired by Mulgrew.
  • Being hungover and playing wiffleball on Sunday

Looks like I'm set. Who's comin with me?

edit: Also, while looking for a good map to make a pubcrawl plan with, I found two interesting things in the longview/kelso phone directory. Did you know you could go to www.ready.gov or call 1-800-BE-READY to learn about potential terrorist threats and how to prepare for them? Yup, there is a message from Tom Ridge right in my phone book. And, on a slightly more useful note, I found a complete list of Washington Golf Courses. Sweet ass sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you f*&^%*g kidding me?! You are seriously toying with the idea of bowling and doing a LONGVIEW pub crawl when your friends from Phoenix are in town to go to the Brewfest?!! The brewfest, by the way, only happens once a year! AND how many pubs are there in Longview anyway - 3? You'll be done by 9.