Friday, July 14, 2006

Co-workers, iPods, Beer Gardens, Wiffleball, Bachelor Parties, Grandma's Boy

You know what's nice? When that one person that you can't stand at work goes on vacation. The guy that sits right across from me is an asshole. And he knows it. Back in the late 70's-early 80's I guess he was training to be an Olympic wrestler. And he would have made it, but he blew out both of his knees. So after that he started drinking and getting into bar fights. From some of the stories other people have told me, he is one bad mamma-jamma. So he's a prick. And I can't stand him. So not having to deal with him today is going to make my life so much more pleasant.

I seriously cannot believe how much I love my iPod. If you are a serious music fan and do not have some sort of mp3 player yet, you are missing the boat. I talked my buddy Go-Go into getting an iPod and she loves it. Lately I have been downloading new music like it's going outta style. One new band that I've been digging is Office. Check them out if you're down with some light, feel-good, Summer tunes.
Outkast's "Bombs over Baghdad" has got to be one of my top five all time favorite songs.

This weekend Rainier, the small city across the Columbia River from Longview, is having their annual 'Days in the Park' Celebration. They have a little Carnival type thing with a Flea Market, Fireworks and most importantly a BEER GARDEN. So you know what my plans are gonna be for Saturday night. Getting drunk on cheap beer and watching some fireworks. I'm pretty sure Gus is going with me and I think our buddy Money Mike is going to be in town from Seattle so it should be fun. I was hoping Smooty was gonna head down here and be my wingman, but he told me he has a yeast infection and won't be able to make it.

On Sunday a 'semi-pro' (as funny as that sounds) wiffleball team from Puyullap is coming down to challenge a team of guys from the wiffleball league. This team has played in national tournaments and if I remember right they finished top five in the nation last year. It'll be interesting to see how we stack up against a 'semi-pro' team. I think Gus is gonna play, along with Matt Jones of Jackmove and Jim Hewey and Brian Eyer from the Brewers. We should be able to compete with them with that lineup. Wish us luck.

So my little brother is getting married on August 4th (I don't know why he picked Friday). And he informed me last week that I am in the wedding. Pretty cool. I'm not the best man though, as my record in that department is not too good. I've been best man twice in the past, both ending in divorce. Both marriages together lasted shorter than five years. So for my little brother's wedding, my cousin is gonna take care of the best man duties. The one duty I have is planning the bachelor party. This is one area of expertise for me. I know how to throw one hell of a bachelor party. If you don't believe me ask Josh "the Wookiie" Burckhardt, he'll tell ya. So for my little brothers I am planning on taking him and his buddies to Vancouver to a indoor Go-Kart place called HOT-Tracks (or some shit) to start the evening off. After that it'll be bar-hopping through Vancouver and Portland. I am gonna be the designated driver, so my goal is to get my little bro wasted but home safely. He's in for a terrible hangover. It's gonna be fun.

Tonight I plan on sitting on my couch and watching Grandma's Boy. I watched it last night with Gus and my roomie, but after some beers and a little chat with the coach I don't really remember all of the movie. I do remember it was pretty fucking funny though. I figured I would take it easy tonight because I am going to drink like a fish tomorrow.

4 comments:

Emily:) said...

Sounds like good times:) I'm in love with my iPod too. If you want something catchy to listen to, download the song "Danger! High Voltage" by Electric Six. I've been playing that a lot lately and it kicks ass.

Gus said...

hmmmm, beeeeeeerrrrr.

and if you haven't ever seen a movie where a guy gets caught wacking off by his buddies mom, you have to see Grandma's boy. I would go into more details, but I don't want to ruin the funniest and most disturbing movie moment of the year.

n8 b said...

I'm thinking of getting metal legs. It's kind of a risky operation. But it's totally worth it.

Gus said...

The monkey is upstairs putting away his nunchucks. I got my yellow belt today. Monkey got his red belt, he's a fast learner.