Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Crazy Girl #1

This story happened about two years ago. I was single at the time and hitting the bar on a pretty regular basis.
So I am sitting at the Silver Star enjoying some tacos (it was a Tuesday) with a couple of friends. A couple of tables over I notice a girl that works at my bank. The guys I am with know her and wave her on over to the table. She wanders over and leaves her friend by herself at their table. We bullshit a little bit and I ask her what the deal is with her friend. "She's single" she replies.
I wander over to their table and sit down next to the single chick, we'll call her "Liz", and introduce myself. If you know me, you understand how awkward this is for me. I am not known for approaching girls. I usually wait until I know they are interested in me to make a move.
Anyways Liz and I start bullshitting and it seems like we hit it off. I invite her over to our table, she accepts, and we all sit around drinking beer and bullshitting.
A while later my buddies are ready to go. We are all gonna go to my house and drink a little bit more beer and hang out. So Liz and I exchange numbers and I'm on my way. I get home from the Star and not fifteen minutes later, my phone rings. You guessed it, Liz.
She tells me it was nice meeting me and says that they are heading to another bar in town if I'm interested in joining them. I tell them that I'm hanging out with my buddies, but they are more than welcome to come hang out. She is on that shit fast. They were seriously at my house in like ten minutes.
Liz and I bullshit for a while and make plans to go to dinner and maybe see a movie on Friday. After drinking a couple more beers, my buddies all start heading home. Liz and her friend decide that they are gonna go to and I walked them out to their car. Liz and I kiss a little, nothing major.
The next day I'm at work and Liz calls. Wants to make sure we are still on for Friday. Seeing as we just made the plans the night before, I assure her that we are still on. She says cool and chats a little longer before hanging up.
Later on that night, Liz calls again. I like it when a girl is aggressive and all, but shit, I just met this chick. Red flags start popping up.
Thursday, I'm at work and my phone rings. You guessed it, Liz. I don't answer and let it go to voicemail. Later on when I check my messages, I hear a frantic Liz worrying that I've changed my mind about Friday night. More red flags pop up.
After calling her back and chatting with her a while, she mellows out. We bullshit and I ask her how her day was. Out of nowhere she asks if it would be okay if her mom went to dinner with us on Friday. What the fuck? I just met you on Tuesday. She tells me she's told her mom all about me and her mom wants to meet me. You have no idea how much this freaked me out.
I tell her that I'm not quite ready to meet her mom yet (we just fucking met!) and tell her we should just rent a movie and hang out at my place. She is totally down to just hanging out by ourselves.
So she comes over Friday and we eat some dinner and watch a movie. I'm not sure if she's too aggressive or what, but I have decided I don't want to see her anymore. If you know me you know that I am a bit of a pacifist. I am one that tries to avoid confrontation when possible. So instead of telling Liz that I'm not interested I just plan on not calling her and not answering her calls. We finish our movie and I tell her I'm tired. I walk her to the car (do not give her a kiss) and she was on her way.
I left and met my friend Garrett for some beers.
The next morning, I am hung-over. My phone rings at ten in the morning waking me up. Guess who it is? I don't answer and roll over, trying to fall back asleep. Fifteen minutes later my phone rings again. This goes on for about two and a half hours.
Finally, I answer the phone. "Where have you been?"
"I'm hungover and I'm sleeping, I will talk to you later" I tell her.
"When?"
"I don't know........later".
"I thought you were going to bed cause you were tired, why are you hung-over?"
My response to that was the phone hanging up in her ear. You're not my girlfriend, don't guilt-trip me.
My phone rings right back immediately.
I don't answer.
It keeps on ringing, over and over and over for a good half-hour.
My phone finally quits ringing which is great. What is really bad is that Liz comes pulling into my driveway right after my phone quit ringing.
I meet her at the door and tell her that she needs to leave me the fuck alone. Do not come up to my house (especially when you're not invited), don't call, leave me alone. She cried. A lot.
I felt a little bad for about two seconds until I remember that I just met this girl four days ago. If I would've let it slide anymore it would've ended way worse. Remember that all that happened with this girl is a kiss. I'm scared to think what would've happened, had I actually slept with her.

6 comments:

n8 b said...

crazy huh?
and I didn't even introduce her to "Rufus"

Gus said...

Rufus?

What would have been even funnier is if she called and broke up with your voice mail after she left. AFTER ONLY 1 Date and 4 days.

awesome

n8 b said...

yeah, "Rufus"

Emily:) said...

Man, on behalf of all women, I'm sorry for that experience! Seriously good thing you didn't sleep with her or you probably would've found a bunny boiling in your kitchen the next night.

Krista said...

OMG what a nut job! Just remember... she knows where you live dun-dun-duh!

n8 b said...

Not anymore. I've moved a couple of times since that house.

What's funny is I ran into her at a bar a couple of months ago. I tried to ignore her, but she came up and said "Hi, do you remember me?"
To which I replied "I don't think so, have we met?"