Thursday, July 13, 2006

Pirates

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest last night. And it was pretty f'in good. Nice and loud, with lots of explosions and chases and fighting and improbably stunts that you would expect from a sequel to the first installment. And when I say installment, I mean that you know there will be a 3rd one, because the second one is breaking sales records and last night was almost a week after it came out and both screens were sold out again, and this is in little ol Longview. The pirates and special effects were cool. There were actually a lot of people from the first movie that were back, especially strange because I thought some of them were dead. It's pretty safe for kids, but with a few awesome references and startling moments to keep adults entertained.

And of course there is Kiera Knightly and plenty of action and monsters for the dudes, and Orlando and Johnny for the ladies, and a midget pirate for Smoot, so everyone has someone to drool over.

Overall rating - A. One of the best of the year, and I'm glad I went to see it. I can't wait for the next one. And make sure to stay til the end for the sweet ending....

No comments: